Interior Designer Insights with Firas Alsahin by Terryfabrics
Firas Alsahen is a principal partner at 4Space, along with Amjad Hourieh, a dynamic and multi-talented firm delivering quality architectural and design services from Dubai. Firas and his partner work with local and global brands to design comprehensive environments with an effective commercial purpose. They have designed properties within the commercial, retail and hospitality sectors, as well as living spaces and exhibitions. Their skills enable them to make spaces and objects that resonate with the environment. So we are proud to bring you the Designer Insights of Firas Alsahen.
1) In your own words describe your unique style and creative aesthetic?
Uniqueness and stylish elegance, is my definition for aesthetic. I always look for a space design which you can’t experience anywhere else.
2) When starting a new project, what is your creative process?
It all start by sketching the concept out, after many brainstorm sessions the concept created by 3D generated perspectives, mood boards and material selection.
3) Out of the creative people you have worked with, who is it that you respect and admire the most?
My Business partner Amjad Hourieh, he is the one who has the natural charisma and sales ability beside the creative mind. It is great to have a person you pair up with and work as a creative team, our vision is aligned, we are on the same page when it comes to design and creativity, he is highly motivated and passionate about what we do.
4) When looking for inspiration is there a particular thing you do to get inspired?
Sometimes I draw my inspiration from a Photo, a pop song clip or a movie, anything could consider as an inspiration in the eye of the beholder.
5) What has brought you to this point in your career? And what is your advice for people looking to follow in your footsteps?
Passion, always love what you do, enjoy it and be unique. There is no better feeling than going to sleep at night, satisfied about your achievement which is recognized and noted, if this is what you feel you are on the right track so keep going.